A simple dish to liven up your Christmas menu, this stuffed eggplant will have your guests coming back for more. You can use this recipe as an appetizer or even start a new tradition as your Christmas dinner. The ease of this recipe make the possibilities endless for your Christmas meals.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Tomato sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Parboil halved eggplant.
- When tender, remove from water and drain.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter-oil mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add parsley.
- Scoop out insides of eggplant, leaving 1/2" - 3/4" shell all around.
- Chop up inside pulp, add to onion mixture and saute 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in enough seasoned bread crumbs to make a moist, but not stiff, filling.
- Fill eggplant shells.
- Spoon tomato sauce, a little grated cheese, and a little olive oil over the tops.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Labels: Christmas Appetizer