This soup is the best thing to have on a cold day. It is super easy to make and only requires 5 basic ingredients. If you don't have tiny bowtie noodles you can substitute them for elbow noodles, egg noodles, large bowtie noodles, or spiral noodles.
You can substitute the chicken breast for leftover turkey from Christmas dinner if you like.
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup of tiny bow tie noodles
- Add 3 cups of water to a 2-quart saucepan.
- Add 1 can of chicken broth to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken breast.
- Chop celery and carrots finely and add them to the pan.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the chicken breast and cut it into small pieces.
- Return the chicken pieces to the saucepan.
- Add the bow tie noodles.
- Cook another 10 minutes or until the noodles are cooked through.
Labels: Christmas Soups