- 1 prepared pie shell
- 16 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 5-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine pumpkin, cane sugar, spices and salt in a mixer bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to medium saucepan and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and return briefly to simmer.
- In separate small bowl, whisk the eggs together.
- Return pumpkin mixture to mixer bowl and, with the mixer running on medium speed, add the eggs slowly.
- Transfer mixture to pre-baked pie shell and bake on center rack for 25 minutes, or until the edges of the custard have cracked slightly and the center is set.
Cool pie on rack 1 hour before serving.
Labels: Christmas Desserts