Another Easy Christmas recipe you might want to try is Oyster Stew. Served quick and hot with homemade bread it is a satisfying meal.
- 1 quart milk
- 1 pint fresh oysters
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons crushed crackers
- salt and pepper
- Heat the milk in a saucepan but do not boil.
- Add the crushed crackers.
- Drain the oysters and add the liquid to the milk.
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Pour the oysters into the melted butter and cook until oysters curls, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour oysters into the hot milk.
- Simmer about 20 minutes.
Labels: Christmas Soups