Wassail, often called mulled or spiced cider, is a hot, spiced punch often associated with Christmastime and an early English toast to someone's health. This recipe is for non-alcoholic Wassail.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks
- Mix all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Drain before serving and discard the solid spices.
- Continue simmering and serve as needed using a label ladle if you have it.
- Serve with orange sliced left floating on top.
Labels: Christmas Drinks