Christmas is the perfect time for making and giving all kinds of desserts and treat. Chocolate covered pretzels are loved by children and adults because of the salty and sweet combination. They are easy and cheap to make too.
- Medium-size pretzels
- 1 package of mill chocolate morsels (11-1/2 ounces)
- 3-inch square of paraffin wax
- unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- Colored Sprinkled
1. Line a backing sheet with aluminum foil or wax paper.
2. Melt the chocolate morsels and wax slowly together over hot water. You could also melt them in the microwave on a medium setting, stirring every minute.
3. Once melted, stir the chocolate and wax together until it is smooth.
4. Dip pretzels into the chocolate/wax mixture using tongs.
5. Place on cookie sheet.
6. Let the chocolate cool slightly and then sprinkle the chocolate covered pretzels with fine crushed peanuts or colored sprinkles to give them added texture and fun appeal.
This recipe makes 3-1/2 to 4 dozen chocolate covered pretzels.