Peppermint hot chocolate, or sometimes called Candy Cane Cocoa, is an easy and yummy drink that is perfect for the Christmas holiday. It can also be made into easy gifts from the kitchen by adding the ingredients together in layer in a decorative bag or jar and adding a bow or ribbon. Make sure to include a recipe card so the recipient knows how to cook the cocoa.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups milk (or 1-1/3 cup powdered milk)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 peppermint sticks, crushed (1/4 cup)
- 4 whole peppermint sticks
- Place the cocoa in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually whisk in milk until cocoa has dissolved.
- Add chocolate chips and crushed peppermint. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until chocolate and peppermint have melted, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Pour into mugs.
- Add a peppermint stick to each mug and use as a yummy stirrer.
Labels: Christmas Drinks